Saturday, September 1, 2012

Girl With a Gun and other obsessions

I once had a boss that would put a brochure in my mailbox at work for a training in New Mexico called "Art and Mental Illness."  This training was held every year, and every year I worked for him, he would put it in my mailbox. He had an interesting/odd sense of humor and it was sort of an unspoken joke between us, because I never asked him why he did that; mostly because I think I was afraid that he thought I was mentally ill!  Now that I am pretty sure that my intense urge to create things has some element of craziness, I am no longer fearful to know his intent.  I know.
 Girl With a Gun.  She surprised me because she looks so much like one of the girls that I supervise at work.  I draw the faces with no intention of a certain person, but they end up looking like people that I see every day.  As the painting develops, it feels like opening presents on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment